Welcome to the Potion Juice Cleanse!
Let us help you get absolutely the most out of this experience.
Your body is designed to detoxify naturally, but while cleansing you’re speeding up the process of rejuvenation! Everyone is exposed to toxins found in the air, food, water and even your lifestyle / environment. Your organs like the liver, kidneys and your skin (!) are always working hard on processing all the stuff put in your body. During a juice cleanse your digestive system gets a break from processing solid food. Vital energy used to digest food can now be used for cleaning and healing the inner body. Your organs can finally clean up all the toxins, damaged tissues, fatty deposits, etc.
- Lowering your caloric consumption
- Give you digestive system a reset
- Increase your energy levels and boost your immune system
- Refresh and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
Here is a list of what you might experience during a cleanse:
- break out in skin
- dry skin
But here is another list of POSITIVE EXPERIENCES during and after a cleanse:
- a clearer mind
- a few kilos less
Don’t worry, we’ll get you through this! Think positive thoughts, surround yourself with like-minded people (you are always welcome to come by the Juicery and hang out with us!), go for walks, do your exercises but be gentle. One of the juices included in the cleanse is the “Master”, this contains: lemon, lime, maple syrup, cayenne powder and chia seeds. Cayenne pepper has the ability to suppress hunger so whenever you feel hungry or have cravings drink the Master. If you really need to eat, we suggest you eat soaked raw almonds or something chewable like banana or avocado. But better to eat something that’s in the ingredients list of your juices, for example slices of cucumber or a few celery stalks. Remember that eating solid food during a cleanse slows down the detoxifying process…
Take this time to pamper yourself. Should you need anything during your cleanse, like a massage, spa treatment or facial, please do not hesitate to call us and we can arrange this for you. We are in Ibiza after all!
- Pre cleanse and post cleanse with raw foods
- Drink plenty of filtered water between juices
- Avoid caffeinated/alcoholic beverages, smoking and drugs
- Take your time and sip your juices
- Refrain from rigorous physical activities
- Pamper yourself with massages and rest
The most important part of the whole experience is to slowly exit a juice cleanse. You’ll probably not experience the need to immediately eat a double cheeseburger, but if you do have cravings, please try to resist them. Try to stay away from animal protein for at least a couple of days. The same goes for alcohol, processed food, refined sugars, etc. The idea is to have a healthier lifestyle after the juice cleanse. At Potion Juicery we can help you with a special post cleanse – food program. This will help you ease out of your juice cleanse and gradually introduce healthy and nutritional solid food in your diet. Just drop us a line.
Here is a sample shopping list:
- Fruits: apples, bananas, watermelon, grapefruits, kiwis, avocadoes, lemons
- Vegetables: spinach, broccoli, cabbage, beets, carrots, sweet potatoes
- Nuts, seeds and beans: chickpeas, tofu, almonds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, lentils
- Whole grains: brown rice, red rice, quinoa, millet, buckwheat
QUICK CLEANSING TIPS
- Drink the juices in their numbered order, starting from 9am, every 2 hours.
- Take your time with your juices and take sips.
- The production of more saliva will get your digestive process going!
- In between juices drink plenty of filtered or infused water and/or herbal tea.